Phased Array Inspection
An advanced method of ultrasonic testing that can provide immediate flaw detection and evaluation against an acceptance criteria by using the advanced in-built flaw evaluation software.
- Weld defects
- Erosion and corrosion
- Manufacturing defecting in forgings and castings
- Environmental or process induced damage
Computerised and Digital Radiography
Computerised Radiography has many advantages over conventional radiography:
- no expensive films
- no processing chemicals (more environmentally friendly)
- no requirement for a darkroom
- wider latitude to enable a greater thickness range to be captured on one exposure
- sharing of images electronically and easier storage.
Digital Radiography DR inspection techniques deliver faster, safer and more detailed inspection data than conventional radiography. Benefits include:
- Improved discontinuity evaluation
- Enhanced image storage and archiving
- Smaller exclusion zones and reduced safety hazards
- Increased productivity
Close Proximity Radiography
With a restricted area of radiation, Close Proximity Radiography significantly reduces the radiation risk and eliminates the need to evacuate the work area.
By utilising the latest CPR technology SST-NDT is able to continue to provide high quality inspection services while minimising the impact on the surrounding environment. This in turn reduces operational downtime and ensures minimal impact on production or work schedules.
Eddy Current Inspection
This inspection method is used to detect surface and near surface flaws in conductive materials. The technique requires minimal surface preparation as surface paint and coating is not required to be removed making it an excellent choice for in-service structures, parts and components.
Eddy current equipment is highly portable and is capable of providing immediate results. Its light weight and portable equipment allows it to be frequently used in difficult to reach locations when used in conjunction with rope access techniques.